Come and work for us
Admin & Finance Assistant
Thameside Primary School
Harley Road, Caversham, Reading RG4 8DB
Telephone 0118 937 5551
FINANCE AND ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT –
REQUIRED FOR SEPTEMBER 2021
Grade: RG3b (Actual Starting Salary £16,888 rising incrementally to £17,570 per annum)
37 hours per week, term time only
Monday – Friday Hours of work: 08:30am – 4:30pm
Term time plus 5 INSET days plus 5 days to be worked during the holidays.
To start as soon as possible in September.
We are looking for someone to join our busy office to work alongside the School Business Manager and the Office Administrator to assist in the smooth running of the school’s office and reception area. The role includes a wide range of office and finance duties coupled with interaction with pupils, staff and parents.
Duties will include:
- Reception and telephone duties, being a welcoming face to parents, staff, visitors and pupils.
- Ordering goods for the school, checking deliveries, processing invoices on the school’s FMS financial system.
- Cashier duties ensuring cash is accurately counted and deposited at the bank.
- Producing end of month reports with regard to payroll and staff absence.
- Providing admin support to Trip Organisers, the After Care manager and the Enrichment Co-ordinator and overseeing bookings and finance for trips or school activities.
- Have good communication and organisational skills
- Have the ability to prioritise work schedule, and to be self-motivating to achieve deadlines.
- Have a meticulous approach to all tasks checking for accuracy.
- Have previous experience of working in a similar role in a school or in a financial role responsible for cash receipts and ordering goods.
- Work pro-actively as part of a team and independently when required.
- Have good knowledge of MS Word and Excel.
- Have knowledge of SIMS and FMS would be an advantage but not essential.
If you are interested in this role and would like to apply please contact Miss Lucas, School Business Manager at email@example.com for an application pack.
Closing date: Friday 13th August 2021
Interviews: Tuesday 31st August or Wednesday 1st September 2021
Start Date: From September 2021, subject to DBS check.
To apply please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request an application pack.
Please do not send a CV. To ensure equal opportunities we only accept Reading Borough Council application forms.
Thameside Primary is committed to safeguarding and protecting the children and young people that we work with. As such, all posts are subject to a safer recruitment process, including the disclosure of criminal records and vetting checks. We ensure that we have a range of policies and procedures in place which promote safeguarding and safer working practice across the school.