Come and work for us
Behaviour & Relationships Lead
Thameside Primary School
Harley Road, Caversham, Reading RG4 8DB
Telephone 0118 937 5551
BEHAVIOUR & RELATIONSHIPS LEAD
FIXED TERM POSITION FOR 6 MONTHS (secondment would be definitely be considered)
Contract to last: January 2022 – August 2022
Pay scale range: £38,690 - £41,604 plus TLR 2 rate £2,873
Full time, Mon to Fri
We are looking to appoint a resilient and effective Behaviour & Relationships Lead to join our Thameside school community in an exciting new role.
The ideal candidate will be motivated to support a range of children with SEMHD needs, have excellent communication skills, be highly motivated and be able to work confidently as part of a team.
The role will include:
- Assisting the Headteacher in the organisation, management and development of the school with a focus on behaviour and relationships across all key stages
- Maintaining an effective whole school behaviour for Learning and Safety culture
- Carrying out teaching duties as required
- The upskilling of staff on the needs of specific children by working with SEND TAs and other staff, as required, across the school
- Providing professional development and support opportunities to ensure the highest standards of behaviour management among staff
- Oversight of offsite provision and specific intervention for targeted students
We are seeking candidates that have:
- Qualified Teacher Status
- Resilience and are willing to face new challenges with enthusiasm and positivity.
- The ability to quickly form positive relationships with staff and pupils and their families
- Highly effective behaviour management skills; able to coach others to develop their skills in this area.
- Recent and relevant senior leadership experience in a primary school.
- Record of outstanding classroom practice
- Evidence of leading and maintaining a whole school initiative linked to school improvement.
- Experience of working with pupils with SEND and behaviour needs
- Training in the therapeutic thinking approach
Also desirable but not essential:
- Experience of teaching in a specialist setting.
If you are interested please contact the school office for an application pack or download from the school website: https://www.thamesideprimary.co.uk/page/?title=Come+and+work+for+us&pid=259
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed and encouraged.
Please download the job description for more information below.
To apply please email email@example.com to request an application pack or download below.
Please do not send a CV. To ensure equal opportunities we only accept Reading Borough Council application forms.
Thameside Primary is committed to safeguarding and protecting the children and young people that we work with. As such, all posts are subject to a safer recruitment process, including the disclosure of criminal records and vetting checks. We ensure that we have a range of policies and procedures in place which promote safeguarding and safer working practice across the school.
Teaching Assistant & Lunchtime Cover
CLASS TEACHING ASSISTANT INCLUDING LUNCHTIME COVER
To start as soon as possible
(Grade RG3 SCP 5-7, £10.01 per hour) Actual Salary: £10,910 per annum
Hours of work: 25 hours per week, Mon to Fri, 5 hours per day
Your day will be split as per the following hours:
08:30am to 12:30pm- Classroom Teaching Assistant
12:30 to 13:30pm – Lunchtime Cover
Status: Permanent, term time only
The school are looking to appoint a passionate and forward thinking Teaching Assistant to join our Thameside school community.
We require an enthusiastic individual to work with the class teacher providing support and assistance in the development, learning, and care of students.
The ideal candidate will display a willingness to help a range of children with varied needs, have excellent communication skills, be highly motivated and be able to work confidently as part of a team.
Your duties will include:
- Supporting the class teacher to implement planned lesson learning activities
- Engage and support individual pupils and groups in their learning (e.g. reading &
- Provide welfare support to children and attending to first aid incidents
- General support in the classroom planning resources and setting up the classroom
- Providing administrative support to the class teacher to prepare resources for class
- Supervising children on the playground at break times and during lunchtimes
- Creating informative and exciting classroom displays
We are seeking candidates that have:
- Previous experience of working with children is preferable
- A good standard of English and Maths is essential Grade C or equivalent
- An ability to work with a team and diverse staff/pupil groups
- Effective interpersonal and communications skills
- Exceptional, highly motivated and hard-working
- Commitment to teamwork
- Patience and commitment to work with young people, some with challenging needs
If you are interested please contact the school office for an application pack or download from www.thamesideprimary.co.uk, About Us, Come & Work for us! Visits to the school are warmly welcomed.
The school is committed to safeguarding children and is an equal opportunity provider. All appointments are made subject to a satisfactory enhanced DBS check.
Closing date: Friday 29th October 2021
Interview Date: W/C 1st November 2021
Play Assistant for After School Club (Aftercare)
Hours: Between 9- 15 hours per week, term time only
Starting salary scale RG2 £3,775 per annum (actual salary based on 9 hours p/w)
Start date: 15th November 2021 (or as soon as possible)
After school club operates from 3.00pm - 6.00pm (3 hours)
We are looking for passionate and creative play assistants to join our school run Wraparound Care Service. As a member of the wraparound team, you will gain valuable experience assisting the delivering a wide range of engaging and participative childcare activities; working with children from ages 4 - 12. Our Play Assistants are passionate, enthusiastic and thrive in a highly rewarding role that facilitates children’s development throughout their time in our Breakfast and After School.
This is a demanding but very rewarding role suited to someone with an interest in supporting children and should ideally have some relevant experience of working alongside children. You should be self-motivated, have good communication skills and be able to engage with children positively.
Your responsibilities include:
- Plan and deliver safe activities with groups of children from all class ranges
- Engage with children encouraging them to participate in activities to promote learning and social development
- Support children on a 1:1 basis who have complex needs (if required)
- Encourage fair and caring behaviour among the children
- Encourage independence and self-esteem
- Ensure safeguarding procedures are adhered to
- Assist with food preparation for serving breakfast and afterschool snacks
- Complete various training courses including Food Hygiene and Child Safeguarding.
The school is committed to safeguarding children and is an equal opportunity provider.
All appointments are made subject to a satisfactory enhanced DBS disclosure.
Closing date for applications is: Thursday 4th November 2021 Please return applications electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org